Depending on what payment solution you have chosen to use in your Ecommerce package sometimes your customer will receive an order conformation before the payment has been processed, some of you would like not to have this sent until they have viewed the order. To make this happen you can change the eshop backend.
To make this change is quick and easy
- Log into your ecommerce package
- Move your mouse over the Settings tab so the small menu is displayed.
- Click on “Email Settings”
- Click on the “Events” tab. Here you will see all the events in your shop that will generate an automatic mail to your customers and users.
- Find “Order receipt confirmation” (it’s 7th in the list on my shop should be the same for you)
- Look on the same line you will see that it has the “Active” box ticked, click on the tick to turn it off.
- Below “Order receipt confirmation” you will see “Order status – Viewed” click on this.
- Edit the “Subject”. I would suggest rather than “Your order #Alias has been viewed” you use “Your order #Alias has been received”
- Choose “Active” at the top of the screen and then click on the “Save” button.