Here at Namesco we’ve been following Science Is Vital and have pledged our support to a group of concerned scientists, engineers and supporters of science, campaigning to protect science funding in the UK.
In a week when British IVF pioneer, Robert Edwards won the Nobel prize for medicine, we think it’s important that a group like Science Is Vital is looking to the future and raising awareness about damaging cuts to UK sciences.
Science is Vital sum up their cause in the words of, Sir Patrick Moore who says, “If we cut funds for science we’ll be shooting ourselves in the foot…I support the Science Is Vital campaign 200%!”
You Can Show that Science Is Vital
1. Sign the Campaign for Science & Engineering petition
2. Join the Science is Vital demo in central London, Saturday 9th October at 2 PM
3. Write to your MP about the importance of science, technology, engineering and maths
4. Go to the Houses of Parliament for the Science is Vital lobby of MPs, 12th October 3:30 to 4:30 PM
5. Spread the word using the posters